Arrow of Light scouts arrive on Saturday morning and after an opening ceremony, will rotate through skill and game stations. The afternoon typically includes an afternoon “campfire” with skits and songs, followed by a Thanksgiving style dinner, including turkey that is cooked outside during the day. The event ends on Saturday night after a flag retirement ceremony.
What to bring:
- Medical form (part A & B) if not already turned in to Troop 200
- Wear your Class A uniform
- Bring a water bottle
- Hat, gloves, boots, raingear, etc. We will be outside for much of the day.
- Dress in layers.
- Lunch and Dinner are provided – you don’t need to bring food.
Adult Leader & Parent Involvement:
We require that each pack have at least one adult representative that is familiar with their scouts for the entire time your pack has scouts at the event. Often a den leader or an active scout parent are good choices. A pack is encouraged to have more than one adult in attendance, but we will provide the adults for two deep leadership if only one adult from your pack is available. For any pack leaders and parents that are at the event, we will hold some question and answer periods during the day on Saturday with troop adult and scout leadership so you get to learn more about the troop.
Fees & Requirements:
- The registration fee is $10 per person. This includes both scouts and adults.
- A BSA Health form (part A and B) is required for all scouts attendees.
If you have questions, send them to:
- Troop 200 Scoutmaster: Bob Moffit email@example.com
- Troop 200 Turkey Camp Coordinator: Leslie Moore firstname.lastname@example.org
2019 Date: Saturday November 9th , 2019
Check-in: 9:00 – 9:30 am on Saturday
Northwest United Methodist Church
5200 Riverside Drive
Columbus, OH 43220